Hi, and welcome to my website! It might be a good idea to read my introductory Hello World post since it contains a decent summary of me, though I won’t be updating that. If you’ve already read it or simply wish not to, and you want to learn about me, continue!
A Little About Me
I’m a Computer Science student, software engineer, web developer and video gamer. I’ve been using computers – and playing games on them – since the days of Half-Life and Red Alert, which still seems like yesterday.
What blogs do you like?
I on-and-off read a handful of other blogs, all bar two of which are software-oriented blogs. Here’s the list:
- Joel Spolsky’s Joel on Software;
- Eric Meyer’s meyerweb;
- Max Barry’s he writes things;
- Jim Sterling’s The Jimquisition; and
- Scott Hanselman’s unnamed blog.
My daily driver is a Mid-2014 15″ MacBook Pro Retina, packed with a 2.5GHz i7, 16GB DDR3 and a 512GB PCIe SSD.
My desktop, which I mostly use for gaming, runs Windows 7 and has the following spec:
- CPU: AMD FX-8350 4GHz 8-Core 4GHz;
- Logic Board: ASRock Extreme 4 990FX;
- RAM: Kingston 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3;
- SSD: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB;
- HDD: Toshiba 500GB 7200RPM;
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD R9 290X;
- Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition;
- Keyboard: SteelSeries Ape (the original).
A third system, an IBM ThinkPad X31, I use regularly for casual development. It primarily runs FreeBSD, but I boot into Windows XP every now and then for the nostalgia. If you have a spare battery that still has a decent life left in it or a left-arrow key for the X31 that you don’t need, please get in touch.
Finally, there’s my “retro” computer. It’s not really all that retro, but I use it to play older games and run older operating systems. It’s currently triple-booting Windows XP, FreeBSD 12 and Slackware 14.2.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz;
- Logic Board: Abit IP35 PRO;
- RAM: 4GB DDR2 660MHz;
- HDD: Hitachi HGST 298GB 5400RPM;
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870;
- This system just uses whatever keyboard and
mouse I have lying around when I decide to use it.