When I play games, I have a tendency to play female characters whenever I can. This preference is sometimes impossible to achieve; there are plenty of games out there that don’t have female protagonists. That’s perfectly fine. The opportunity presents itself, however, to mod Hearts of Iron 4 to use female leaders instead of male ones. And thus, the Female Leaders mod was born.
You can subscribe to the mod on the Steam Workshop here.
Version 1.0.1 – The Majors: Non-Aligned Edition
- Adds Empress Tiedemann (Non-Aligned), wife of the Henry VI, Legitimist pretender to the French throne.
- Adds Empress Viktoria Luise (Non-Aligned), Duchess consort of Brunswick.
- Adds Queen Marie (Non-Aligned), Queen consort of Italy.
- Adds Empress Nagako (Non-Aligned), Empress consort of Japan.
- Adds Empress Olga (Non-Aligned), sister of Tsar Nicholas II.
- Adds Queen Elizabeth (Non-Aligned), The Queen Mother.
- Adds Queen Gladys (Non-Aligned), member of the Vanderbilt family, wife of Count Széchenyi.
Version 1.0.0 – The Majors (Release)
- Replaces Édouard Daladier (Democratic) with Irène Joliot-Curie, daughter of Marie and Pierre Curie.
- Replaces de Gaulle with Marguerite Durand, a French suffragette.
- Replaces Maurice Thorez (Communist) with Suzanne Lacore, a French socialist politician.
- Replaces Philippe Pétain (Fascist) with Josée Laval, daughter of the Prime Minister of Vichy France.
- Replaces Konrad Adenauer (Democratic) with Gertrud Bäumer, a German suffragette.
- Replaces Wilhelm Pieck (Communist) with Hilde Benjamin, an East German Minister of Justice.
- Replaces Adolf Hitler (Fascist) with Jutta Rüdiger, head of the Bund Deutscher Mädel.
- Replaces Ferruccio Parri (Democratic) with Queen Elena, Queen consort of Italy (1900-1946).
- Replaces Palmiro Togliatti (Communist) with Carla Capponi, an Italian revolutionary.
- Replaces Benito Mussolini (Fascist) with Edda Mussolini, daughter of Benito Mussolini.
- Replaces Tetsu Katayama (Democratic) with Kato Shidzue, first woman elected to the Imperial Diet of Japan.
- Replaces Kyuichi Tokuda (Communist) with Raicho Hiratsuka, Japanese anarchist.
- Replaces Hirohito (Fascist) with Yanagiwara Byakuren, cousin of Emperor Taisho.
- Replaces Alexander Fyodorovich Kerensky (Democratic) with Yekaterina Dmitriyevna Kuskova, a revolutionary politician.
- Replaces Joseph Stalin (Communist) with Aleksandra Kollontai, a Soviet Politician and Diplomat.
- Replaces Konstantin Rodzaevsky (Fascist) with Ariadna Vladimirovna Tyrkova, a revolutionary politician.
- Replaces Stanley Baldwin (Democratic) with Nancy Astor, first British sitting female Member of Parliament.
- Replaces Ranjai Palme Dutt (Communist) with Ellen Wilkinson, a Labour politician.
- Replaces Oswald Mosley (Fascist) with Diana Mitford, wife of Oswald Mosley.
- Replaces Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Democratic) with Hatte Caraway, first American woman to serve a full senate term.
- Replaces Earl Browder (Communist) with Ella Reeve Bloor, an American socialist and union activist.
- Replaces William Dudley Pelley (Fascist) with Gladys Pyle, first American woman to serve as a Republican senator.